It’s every Texans favorite time of year… The sun is shining, bird’s are chirping. It’s not yet so hot that your skin starts to melt. Which means everyone wants to enjoy their time outside.
Our favorite way to do it? A picnic!
And here’s the three steps you need to make yours the best.
1. Plan the menu and order online from In the Sack
You can use our chef-crafted, ready-to-eat meals, wines, and liquors to make yours most memorable. Call, go online or use our app, we’ll bring it straight to your doorstep or even your picnic location!
2. Pack the cooler
For enjoyment AND safety reasons, it’s important to food the proper temperature.
If it’s cold:
- Take only the amount of food you think you’ll use. Our individual-sized meals are perfect for not over-stuffing your cooler.
- Fill the cooler with ice, or use ice packs and frozen bottles of water. Do this just before leaving the house, and don’t open it until you’re ready to serve the food.
- Keep cold drinks in a separate cooler because the cooler with drinks will be opened and closed frequently… slowly warming your food to an unappetizing temperature.
If it’s hot:
- Wrap hot food in towels, then newspaper, and place inside a box or heavy paper bag.
- Keep these foods warm either on an outdoor grill or eat within one hour.
And if you have leftovers, remember to put perishable foods back in the cooler or refrigerator as soon as you finish eating. Don’t leave them out while you go for a swim or a hike, and don’t leave them out all afternoon to nibble on.
3. Don’t forget the accessories
Food is crucial, but there’s more. Bring your favorite beverages – wine, liquor, beer and mixers – along with the things on this checklist:
- Picnic blanket
- Plates, forks, napkins, cups
- Bottle opener – wine and beer!
- A football to throw
Now you’re prepared for the perfect picnic!