A few months ago, we gave you tips on how to stock your bar and what liquors, wines and mixers you’d need to do so. But there a missing component that takes a normal home bar to another level. And that’s accessories.
Every wondered what tools you need to become a mixologist in your own home? These six accessories will have you prepped for your next party.
- A wine opener. You can go plain corkscrew or fancy nitrogen gas, but as long as it opens a bottle, you’re good to go.
- An aerator. We’re partial to the lovely glass decanters from a looks perspective, but they’re just not always practical. With an aerator, you can do one glass at a time and flood it with that good ol’ oxygen.
- A cocktail shaker. Martinis anyone? Grab a few olive picks while you’re at it.
- A muddler. Good for anything from mojitos to old-fashioneds.
- An ice bucket. To keep that white wine and champagne the perfect temperature.
- A jigger. For the perfect pour and those of us who are a little nearsighted.