Some nights, you just can’t be bothered leaving the house — even for a date. So, in honor of Valentine’s Day, we give you In The Sack’s top stay-at-home date ideas.
Make sure if you’re hosting a stay-home date that you take care of the essentials: roommates out, tidy up, and cellphone off. Then, settle in and enjoy some good food and each others’ company. Count on us for DELIVERY of all your sips and bites… You may never want to set foot outside again!
1. Wine tasting: Order a variety of bottles and place in brown paper bags so you forget which one is which. See if you and your date can not only describe each wine correctly, but get the right varietal and country.
2. Cook together: While we’re happy to make this one really easy on you, there is some preparation involved before plating. And, we do consider opening a bottle of wine “meal preparation” so this qualifies as cooking 😉
3. Babysit for a friend: Whether a furry child or a regular one, do a good deed and have a bunch of fun all at once. Offer to give a friend a night off from their kids and spend your date night playing house.
4. Play board games: Trivial Pursuit, Monopoly, Life, Strategy, Backgammon, Risk, Checkers, and of course, Twister! If that sounds too boring, make it naughty-word Scrabble or naked Twister to up the ante.
5. Make cocktails: Gives yourselves a crash course in making cocktails, and try your hand at some saucy elixirs. Source some bartending equipment (you’ll need at least a shaker, a strainer, a shot measure, and some ice) and the key ingredients for a few different types of cocktails.
6. Movie night marathon: Typically, movie marathons have some sort of consistent theme, so make sure to pick one. You can choose by actors, by theme, or by decade. Best-case scenario, you get through them all in one hit. Worst-case, you fall asleep on top of each other.