Do you throw away the cork after you open your favorite bottle of wine? If so, don’t! Cork is one of the more versatile materials, and you’d be surprised what you can make with those seemingly disposable things.
We gathered our favorite ideas from good ol’ Pinterest, so you have a list of crafts ready for a rainy day and a few bottles of wine.
- Wall art: pick a pattern (there’s about a thousand) and get to work. All you need is a hot glue gun.
- Wreath: Nothing says “welcome to our home” like a nice wreath and a glass of wine. Learn how here.
- Vase filler: This one’s easy. Throw a few corks in a vase, add flowers or a candle and ta-da!
- Coasters: Again, the magic of a hot glue gun. Say goodbye to water rings on your table.
- Corkboard: It may be obvious to make a corkboard out of… well, corks. But this gives a little snaz to an everyday household object. Learn how here.
So the moral of this story is to save your corks AND drink more wine. It’s for the greater good of a lovely home decoration.