Today is National Rum Day, so we are celebrating one of the most diverse liquors. From tropical cocktails to high quality sipping, rum remains one of the most classic options out there.
- Rum is considered one of oldest distilled alcohols – started all the way back in the 1620s.
- The average shot of rum is only 70 calories!
- Demon water, Nelson’s blood, pirate’s drink, grog… All synonyms for rum!
- Sailors in the 18th century were often paid with rum, and they tested authenticity by combining with gunpowder. Talk about fireworks!
- The largest distillery in the world is Bacardi in Puerto Rico
- Rum is one of the most colorful liquors: from clear to gold, to brown and black. It all depends on the spices and the aging process.
- Greasy hair? Rum will get it clean, thick and shiny!
So now that you know more about rum, order a bottle and enjoy! You don’t want to end up like Jack Sparrow…